Three Days Hiking Trip in Pirin Montain, Bulgaria
Час и място на тръгване
Join us in this adventure and enjoy a combination of experiences varying from night hiking to climbing and contemplating the breathtaking views from the highest peak in Pirin Mountain.
Pirin National Park encompasses the larger part of the Pirin Mountains in southwestern Bulgaria, spanning an area of 403.56 km2 (155.82 sq mi). Pirin National Park was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983. The altitude varies from 950 m to 2,914 m at Vihren, Bulgaria's second highest summit and the Balkans' third.
Our adventure will start in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria. From there we will drive to Bansko, a town in the southwestern part of the country and a very popular international ski resort. This exiting program includes variety of hiking experience, including night trekking, climbing Koncheto – a tight saddle with sharp edges, hiking to Vihren summit (2 914 m) and the possibility for cultural immersion and relaxation in one of the many areas with hot mineral springs that Bulgarian nature offers.
• 07:00 We meet in front of Vasil Levski Stadium underground station in Sofia and we head towards Bansko.
• 09:00 In Bansko we will enjoy a day filled with cultural, culinary and wellness experiences, visiting one of the best hot mineral springs areas in Banya village, learning curious facts about the local history and traditions and tasting delicious home-made food from the region.
• 20:00 We head towards our hiking trip starting point where our adventure begins. We will hike for approximately two hours to reach Yavorov Hut where we will stop for a well deserved rest through the night.
• 07:00 We wake up early, have coffee and breakfast and prepare for a day out in the high mountain.
• We take a direction towards peak Razlojki Suhodol. From there we will start walking on the ridge of the mountain.
• We will hike peak Bayovi Dupki (2 820 m) and then continue to Koncheto Shelter where we will stop for a break.
• We will then pass the tight edge of the saddle called Koncheto. At some points this path is only 50 cm wide. It will lead us to the next peak – Kutelo (2 908 m).
• After the good levels of adrenalin that we provided to our bodies and minds we start to walk down towards Vihren Hut where we will spent the night.
• We wake up early in the morning, have coffee and breakfast and prepare to hike the highest peak in Pirin – Vihren.
• We will take the challenging path through the marble rocks of the saddle Kabata at the end of which we will be rewarded with a breathtaking panoramic view from the third in height summit on the Balkans peninsula – Vihren.
• Then we start hiking down until we reach Vihren Hut where our transportation will be waiting to take us back in Bansko.
• Back in the town, we will enjoy once more the delicious food in one of the best places, recommended by our local friends.
• 20:30 Back in Sofia it is time to say “Ciao”…
Price per Person
Guiding fee and mountain insurance:
One Person: 260 EUR
Group of Two: 175 EUR
Group of Three: 130 EUR
Group of Four and above: 95 EUR
Aditional prices per Person
Transportation: 40 EUR
Accomodation: 20 EUR
Other Details :
Level of experience: Advanced
Fitness Level: Fit
Accommodation: Local guest houses
Equipment: Participants should bring the following items with them: hiking boots, rucksack (35-45L), trekking poles, water and windproof jacket, rain cover, sun hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, warm hat and gloves, water bottle (1.5L), travel liner (optional), torch, personal first aid kit.
Your Mountain Guide :
Borislav Dimitrov is an experienced certified mountain guide and chairman of Go-Go- Adventures – association for alternative and adventure tourism. He is passionate mountaineer and would literary go miles to find the best adventure trails for you. Safety always comes first for Bobi, so you should feel assured that your trip will be handled with care and professionalism in order to have the best hiking experience possible.