Rila Monastery and the Blissful Hot Springs of Sapareva Banya
Час и място на тръгване
Visit the most popular UNESCO site in Bulgaria and enjoy the bliss of one of the hottest mineral water springs in the world - all in one day. Bulgaria is a country that offerce great diversity for tourists. High mountains and beautiful seaside, rich culture, ancient history, hot springs, fresh air and unspoiled nature - this all meets in its geographical borders. This trip combines nature with culture and takes you on a day trip to the most important historical, spiritual and cultural monument in the country - the Rila Monastery. The trip starts in Sofia - the capital of Bulgaria. We drive about an hour and a half to reach the monastery. Founded in the 10th century, it reveals the historical, architectural and cultural richness of Bulgarian people. The monastery is named after its founder, the hermit Ivan of Rila (876 - 946 AD), and houses around 60 monks. It is situated at an elevation of 1147 m. in the deep valley of Rilska River. We will visit the yard, the main church and the monastery museum to enjoy the specific blend of art, religion and holiness, all surrounded by the beauty of Rila Mountain - the highest on the Balkan Peninsula. The second part of the trip takes us to the cozy town of Sapareva Banya where the bliss of the hot mineral water springs awaits us. The town is famous with its healing mineral springs, one of the hottest water in the world and the only geyser on the Balkans.This trip is highly recommended during the winter season when the monastery is all covered in white, the tepmperatures outside are low but the coziness of the hot springs water warms us and balances the experiance. Fancy this trip? Then check out the itinerary and register now. Itinerary:
- 08:00, meeting in front of the National Stadium "Vasil Levski" (the parking lot in front of the main entrance).
- Minibus transfer to the Rila Monastery.
- Guided tour of the Monastery, including main church, yard, monastery museum.
- Free time for photos (only at the permitted areas) and souvenirs.
- Transfer to Sapareva banya and lunch break in a restaurant with a view towards the only geyser on the Balkans.
- Hot springs bliss in the SPA and Wellness center in Sapareva Banya (including inside and outdoor pools).
- 17:00, transfer to Sofia
- 19:00, arrive back in Sofia
Price per Person:One Person: 150 EURGroup of Two: 95 EURGroup of Three: 70 EURGroup of Four and above: 60 EUR The price includes: transportation, tour guide, museum fees, insurance, photography. The price does not include: food and drinks, cable car ticket(10 euro) Clothing & Equipment
- Comfortable shoes (preferably mountain shoes; sneakers)
- Comfortable trousers
- T-shirt (short sleeved or long sleeved, depending on the weather)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Swimming suit
- Bottle of water (1 L)
- Some snacks (oat bars, chocolate, dried fruits, nuts etc.)
Your tour guide: Maria DimitrovaMaria is a passionate mountaineer who graduated tourism with focus on Adventure Tourism. Experienced and open-minded, she will make the most out of your trip, enriching it with a blend of personal, cultural and adventure taste.