Time is TBD|
On Top of the Balkans: Musala peak, 2925 m.
Reach the Roof of the Balkan Peninsula on this one-day hiking trip to its highest peak Musala.
Час и място на тръгване
Time is TBD
Musala, Musala, 2010, Bulgaria
Eager to explore the Balkans? Join us in this one-day hiking trip and start from their roof - mount Musala. The higest peak on the Balkan peninsula is located in Rila Mountain in Bulgaria. It rises 2 925 m. above the sea level. Rila is the sixth highest mountain in Europe, coming after the Caucasus, the Alps, Sierra Nevada, the Pyrenees and Mount Etna. It is abundant in glacial lakes (about 200) and hot springs. Rila Mountain is also home of two famous UNESCO World Haritage sites - Rila Monestary and the Seven Rila Lakes.
Beautiful and peaceful, the mountain welcomes local and foreign tourists throughout the whole year. On tis trip we will hike one of the most famous trails and will enjoy breathtaking view in a moment of stillness on top of the Balkans.
- 07:00 - We meet in front of Alexander nevski Cathedral and we head towards the famous ski resort Borovets.
- 08:30 - We take the cabin lift and we go directly up the high mountain.
- Our hiking trip starts from the last stop of the cabin. We head towards Musala mountain hut where we will take a short break near the lakes.
- We continue hiking up and the route takes us to Ledeno Ezero (Ice Lake) and the Refuge that is named after the lake. They are just below the beautiful mount Musala. Here's where the summit push starts.
- Setting foot on Musala at 2925 meters not only gives us the pleasure of being on top of the Balkan peninsula but it rewords us with a 360 degrees view of the mountain and its beauty. We try to capture that in photos and then we take the route back to our starting point in Borovets.
- Before going back to Sofia, we will stop at a local restaurant (in Bulgarian - mehana) to enjoy the delicious meals of that region.
- 20:00 - We are back in Sofia and it is time to say "Goodbye".
Price per Person
Guiding fee and mountain insurance:
One Person: 110 EUR
Group of Two: 75 EUR
Group of Three: 50 EUR
Group of Four and above: 35 EUR
Aditional prices per Person
Transportation: 15 EUR
Level of experience: Beginners, Intermediate
Fitness Level: Fit
Equipment: Participants should bring the following items with them: hiking boots, rucksack, trekking poles, water and windproof jacket, rain cover, sun hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, warm hat and gloves, water bottle (1.5L), travel liner (optional), torch, personal first aid kit.
Your Mountain Guide
Borislav Dimitrov is an experienced certified mountain guide and chairman of Go-Go- Adventures – association for alternative and adventure tourism. He is passionate mountaineer and would literary go miles to find the best adventure treks for you. Safety always comes first for Bobi, so you should feel assured that your trip will be handled with care and professionalism in order to have the best hiking experience possible.